NetbioCof is a Co-ordination Action project co-funded by the European Commission under the 6th Framework Programme. The primary aim of NetbioCof is to promote European co-operation between research organisations devoted to biomass co-firing, fostering the uptake of innovative technologies to expand the use of biomass co-firing in new and existing power plants, with emphasis in the New Member States. Today, the accession of the 12 new members to the EU 27 brings a new opportunity for the development of biomass co-firing, due to the fossil fuels combustion infrastructure already installed, the land availability for energy crops and the current dependency on imported fossil fuels.
- Evaluation of the current State-of-the-Art and identification of best practices and/or successful experiences in Biomass co-firing in Europe.
- Assessment of on-going research on Biomass co-firing and identification of gaps in knowledge, barriers for cooperation in research and scientific and technological needs.
- Legal framework and identification of technical and non-technical barriers for Biomass co-firing implementation.
- Coordination of research and development by means of exchange of personnel, among others.
- Roadmap of scientific, technological and non-technological strategies for implementing and widening the use of biomass co-firing in Europe.
- Dissemination and exploitation by means of holding of local seminars about biomass co-firing, participation in external conferences representing NetbioCof Project and NetbioCof publications, among others.
- Co-ordination of current research on Biomass co-firing in Europe and recommendations for future research.
- Formation of research clusters according to the fields of work and the scientific knowledge of their members.
- Continuation of the on-line database platform about biomass co-firing in the NetbioCof web-page. One representative per research cluster will be chosen in order to keep on holding the webpage and to perform the future cooperation.
- Eight publishable articles related to hot topics and to workpackages outputs.
- A successful Final NetbioCof Conference with the serious purpose of the network solidification by means of funding sources detection/obtaining at national or European level. With the funding periodic biomass co-firing conferences will be organised.
- Technologie-Transfer-Zentrum Bremerhaven – Ttz, Germany www.ttz-bremerhaven.de
- European Biomass Industrial Association – Eubia, Europe www.eubia.org
- Sveriges Lantbruksuniversitet – Slu, Sweden www.slu.se
- Eesti P?llumajandus?likool – Eau, Estonia www.eau.ee
- Instytut Chemicznej Przerobki Wegla — IchPw, Poland www.ichpw.zabrze.pl
- Bioazul S.L. – Bioazul, Spain www.bioazul.com
- Valtion teknillinen tutkimuskeskus – Vtt, Finland www.vtt.fi
- Universitatea “Politehnica” din Timisoara – Upt, Romania www.utt.ro
- Biomasse Projekt GmbH – Bmp, Germany www.bmp-biomasse.de
- KEMA Nederland BV – Kema, Netherlands www.kema.com
- Landeskammer f?r Land- und Forstwirtschaft Steiermark – Lk-Stmk, Austria www.lk-stmk.at
- Jozef Stefan Institute – JSI, Slovenia www.rcp.ijs.si/ceu/
- ETA Energia Trasporti Agricoltura – Eta, Italy www.etaflorence.it
- Centro de Investigaciones Energ?ticas Medioambientales y Tecnol?gicas- Ciemat, Spain www.ciemat.es
- Centre Wallon de Recherches Agronomiques — Cra – W, Belgium www.cra.wallonie.be
- Nyugat-Magyarorsz?gi Egyetem – Nyme, Hungary www.nyme.hu
- European Renewable Energy Centre Agency – Eurec, Europe www.eurec.be
- Joint Institute for Power and Nuclear Research “Sosny” – Jipnr, Belarus www.sosny.by
- Turkiye Bilimsel ve Teknik Arastirma Kurumu – Tubitak, Turkey www.tubitak.gov.tr
- Technical University of Sofia – Tus, Bulgaria www.tu-sofia.bg
- Lithuanian Forest Research Institute – Lfri, Lithuania www.mi.lt
- Malte Bethke Finishing Engineering – Mbfe, Germany www.mbfe.de
- Nederlandse Organisatie voor toegepast natuurwetenschappelijk onderzoek– Tno, Netherlands www.tno.nl
- Elsam Engineering A/S – Ee, Denmark www.elsam-eng.com